Monday, September 13, 2010

Blues and greens and purples

Well, I didn't get as much accomplished this weekend as I'd hoped, but did make progress. The biggest was finishing the top for Cool Jazz, from last year's Davis block exchange on Treadle On. I love the way this one has come out, and I am so glad it did work out well. I hosted this exchange, and picked out the color scheme. I would have felt bad for everyone who participated if it had come out blah.

I have been working from my fabric stash on these four quilts, and have been able to find everything I need for them so far. That includes finding a beautiful purple print to use as backing on this quilt. I think I bought it planning to use it for the backing, but don't remember. I also found a fabric that will work for backing for the Boxy Stars and found binding for all four. I got the binding cut and prepped for the bow ties and Boxy Stars yesterday, and have fabric out and ready for binding Cool Jazz and the Triple Star.

Otherwise, yesterday I finished the little sewing kits for our show's boutique, did some organizing and spent a little time sewing mile-a-minute blocks.

More later.

1 comment:

Elly D said...

Your challenge quilt looks fabulous! You did good with your colour choice for the swap.