|A string block became the center of a new pillow sham|
The first evening I went back in to work I turned on the new air conditioner and just looked around. I didn't even know where to start. I spent a couple of evenings just taking stock, seeing what projects were in progress, and what I needed to finish them. I still wasn't ready for anything too challenging, so started by taking a string block, setting it on point and quilting and finishing it as a pillow sham for our new apartment. Along with that, I pulled out some already quilted string and crumb blocks, which I took to the apartment and finished as potholders.
|These string block pot holders add a colorful touch to the|
kitchen and are useful
|This lighthouse is closely quilted|
using colorful variegated thread.
With several of the quilts nearly finished, I decided it was time to start some new work, sea turtles! Here's the first herd of turtles. For these I fuse the top fabric to felt, using MistyFuse, then quilt and paint. After I cut them out, I paint the edges to seal them. More on the turtles soon, but for now I have other work to do.
|This palm was appliqued to the painted|
|A herd of turtles! I fuse fabric to felt, then quilt and paint. After cutting out, I paint the edges to seal.|