Sunday, November 11, 2012

A little catching up

Since it had been so long since I'd posted, here's a little catch up on what I've been doing.

The publicity card for the show
We expanded our business at the beginning of the year, which pretty much absorbed all my time for the first half of the year. I don't think I touched my sewing machines from January to June, except to do a little mending.

By June things had settled a bit and I started carving out a little time for my art, just in time, as I had been invited to do my first show at a local arts center in July

"A Quilted Surface," was a two-woman show at the Averitt Center for the Arts in Statesboro, Ga. The second artist was a painter who includes quilts in many of her paintings. It was a thrill, of course, to have my first show, and very special to have it at the Averitt Center, as I had served on the board for six years during the planning and opening of the center.

For the show, I included a mix of pieces I had done in the past year or so, with a few new pieces I managed to finish just in time for the show.

Some of my work at the show


More work

A piece I finished for the show,
Other than that, I've participated in a couple of the local art shows, and finished a few new pieces over the past few months. I'll be back with more on that later.

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What an honor to have a showing with another artist. Hope the business is going well.