Sunday, August 28, 2011

Painted fabric results

I have been having a great time this week sun-printing fabric, and trying different resists and effects. For these pieces I have used seashells as resists, shapes cut from card stock, and string. I've also used sprinkles of water part-way through the drying process and silk salts. A bonus from the string, actually crochet thread, is that it picked up the colors of the paint so I have something else to play with. These were all painted with Setacolor transparent paints, diluted to different strengths.

I'm looking forward to working with these fabrics on some new pieces.

First, though, I have to finish framing and labeling several pieces for a show next weekend. I'll be participating in the Tybee Arts Association Show and Sale Labor Day weekend. This will be my first show with the TAA and it looks like a great one, with about 20 artists, an opening reception Friday night and the show open Saturday and Sunday.

I'll be back with my entries for the show soon.

More later.