Well, there haven't been any major projects started or finished in the last few days, but there has been progress forward on a number of things.
One of the major issues with my studio is lighting. I decided to start dealing with that by hanging a workshop style fluorescent light this week. I got a very simple one, that hangs from chains and takes two bulbs (daylight bulbs) and we got it hung – quite a job with a 10-foot ceiling! Even with the daylight bulbs, it's very blue light (or maybe it's the blue walls!) but I'm getting used to it. I may need another one on the other end of the room to balance it, though.
In other projects, I got the filler blocks and triangles cut for the edges of Shakespeare in the Park. That should give me everything I need to start laying out the top and assembling it. That's a good feeling. With all the yardage cut, I can return the rest of the fabric to my stash and get it out of the way. Looks like I'm ending up with lots of interesting bits and pieces to go into the scrap bins, too.
And I'm moving along with the fabric postcards. I had to clear the way to my Singer 500, which I haven't used in a while, to work on satin-stitching around some of the appliques. I got several done last night, so now I can move on to quilting and embellishments.
Not a bad week, but I have a busy weekend planned, so don't know how much sewing I'll get to do. More later.