Friday, September 11, 2009
from photo to quilt
A couple of weeks ago I did some exercises with Photoshop, and came up with some interesting images, as I previously posted. Over the past few days I've tried some ideas for translating one of them, the palm tree in a bubble, to fabric. The first try was a 15x18 quilt that used a lot of free motion quilting and thread work. I think it's a pretty good start, except my bubble was too dark so there wasn't enough contrast for the palm leaves. The second effort was a postcard and I used scraps of batiks to create the background. Once again, the contrast could be improved, but I had fun stitching the palm leaves.
Posted by VVS Art Quilts at 9:56 AM